Voter's Portal Terms and Condition
Though all efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy and currency of the content on https://voterportal.eci.gov.in , the same should not be construed as a statement of law or used for any legal purposes.
Under no circumstances will the Election Commission of India be liable for any expense, loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any expense, loss or damage whatsoever arising from use, or loss of use, of data, arising out of or in connection with the use of Voter Portal.
The Site is intended for users who are at least 18 years old. Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted to register for the Site.
Limitation on use
Intellectual property rights
Voter Portal is our proprietary property and all source code, databases, functionality, website designs, audio, video, text, photographs, and graphics on the Site (collectively, the “Content”) and logos contained therein (the “Marks”) are owned or controlled by us or licensed to us, and are protected by copyright and trademark laws and various other intellectual property rights.
The Content and the marks are provided on the Site “AS IS” for your information and personal use only. Except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions, no part of the Site and no Content or Marks may be copied, reproduced, aggregated, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted, distributed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose whatsoever, without our express prior written permission.
By using the site, you represent and warrant that:
- Be a natural person to access or seek to access Voter Portal or a Registered user;
- Not access or link to or seek to access or link to (either directly or indirectly) any other person's Voter Portal or Registered user account;
- Not permit any other person to use your username and password; keep your Voter Portal account username, password, at all times and not disclose your password to anyone else;
- Report the support team immediately if you suspect that the security of your Voter Portal account may have been compromised e.g.: your password or username has been lost or stolen. Contact Voter Portal using the details at Contact Us;
- Ensure your personal details (including your name and date of birth) are accurate and keep up to date with Voter Portal;
- You are responsible for any use of your Voter Portal account using your username and password, whether or not such use has been authorized by you.
- Details on Voter Portal may only be accessed through the Voter Portal website, and only using the username and authentication details which have been specifically allocated to you.
- You must use Voter Portal and your Voter Portal account only for lawful purposes and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of Voter Portal by any third party. This includes conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption to Voter Portal.
- You must not post or transmit via Voter Portal any unlawful, defamatory, obscene, offensive or scandalous material, or any material that constitutes or encourages conduct that would contravene any law.
You must be required to register with the site. You agree to keep your password confidential and will be responsible for all use of your account and password.
As part of the functionality of the Site, you may link your account with online accounts you have with third-party service providers (each such account, a “Third-Party Account”) by allowing us to access your Third-Party Account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third-Party Account.
By granting us access to any Third-Party Accounts, you understand that we may access your personal profile information which are limited to the name, email id, mobile number, date of birth and location, and store (if applicable) so that it is available on through the site via your account.
"PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNTS IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENT(S) WITH SUCH THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS."
You acknowledge and agree that we may access your email address associated with a Third-Party Account. You can deactivate the connection between the Site and your Third-Party Account by using your account settings.
Links to external websites/portals
At many places on Voter Portal, you shall find links to other websites/portals. These links have been placed for your convenience.
Links to Voter Portal by other websites/portals
We do not object to you linking directly to the information that is hosted on this web site and no prior permission is required for the same.
This website does not automatically capture any specific personal information from you (like name, phone number or e-mail address), that allows us to identify you individually. If you choose to provide us with your personal information, like name, email id, mobile number, date of birth and location, when you visit our website, we use it only to fulfill your request for information. To register your profile with the Election Commission of India through VoterPortal requires your registration. Information so collected is used to facilitate interaction.
VoterPortal do not sell or share any personally identifiable information volunteered on this site to any third party (public/private). Any information provided on VoterPortal will be protected from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
A cookie is a piece of software code that an internet web site sends to your browser when you access information at that site. A cookie is stored as a simple text file on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Cookies let you navigate between pages efficiently as they store your preferences, and generally improve your experience of a website.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by the law of India.